The South Sound Small Business Small Business of the Year Award was created to recognize a local South Sound business owner who operates a local Pierce/Thurston County WA business that has proven staying power, innovativeness of product or service offered, response to adversity and contribution to the local community.
Anyone can nominate a deserving small business. Chambers of commerce, associations, individuals and companies may nominate small businesses to show their support. Nomination are not required for consideration of the award.
Only one (1) nomination is needed for each business. Additional nominations do not increase the chances of winning. Decision will be made by a panel of five local business owners within the contest area as well as social media polling.
Nominate your deserving person/business today!
A business must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the South Sound Small Business of the Year Award:
- Any individual who owns and operates or who bears principal responsibility for operating a small business may be nominated. Partners who jointly own and operate a small business may be nominated as a “team,” so long as the number of individuals in the team nomination does not exceed four.
- Operates primarily within Pierce or Thurston County, WA
- Have fewer than 150 employees
- Gross revenues of less than $3 million in the previous year
- Able to attend the South Sound Small Business Summit. paultlong.com/sbsummit
- Only one (1) nomination is needed for each business. Additional nominations do not increase the chances of winning. Decision will be made by a panel of five local business owners within the contest area.